Thursday 26 April 2012

27-04-2012 – Everest Base Camp – Rest Day Packing


Altitude: 5300m
Atmospheric Pressure: 558mbar
Trek:0km

Exciting day, it’s our time to get ready for the next rotation.
The combination of the night start (1am leave), the first time on Everest, the first time through the dreaded Khumbu Icefall, the knowledge that after this rotation, we will be ready and waiting for the right weather condition and the fact that this will be a long, hard day, all climax into an emotional day.There’s lots of activity around camp.

I’m going down to Gorek Shep (1 hour walk away) to post these latest updates to the blog as our satellite system has gone down.

I’m all pack, light I hope, and ready to go for it.
I’d love to push and get there quickly, to convince myself that I am fit and ready to go for the summit, but I also know that with the cough and rib issue, getting there will be good anyway, regardless in what time.

Back down on the 4th then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment