Tuesday 24 April 2012

17-04-2012 – Lobuche Base Camp – Rest Day


Altitude: 4850m
Atmospheric Pressure: 590mbar
Trek: 0km

I slept OK, considering. I spend the day thinking about the events from yesterday. On one side, I’m happy not to have given up and pushed to the summit, it was very hard, but a good mental strength check.
On the other side though, I’m wondering how quickly my body can heel at this altitude. The hours sleep have help me recovered mentally, but I’ll need my full lung capacity if I want to make it to the top.
I’ve got the rest of the day to make the decision of going up with the group tomorrow.
It would be nice to stay with the army guys, for the atmosphere, the banter and the pace, but can I really justify rushing into going back up rather than using the next 2 days recovering at this relatively low altitude.
Eventually, it’s Monica, again, who acts as the voice of reason, why rush? Stay down here for the next 2 days and go up with the next group.
I can’t really argue and deep down, I know this is the best decision, should I really compromise my chances of summit because I don’t want to swap group, or loose 2 days? Decision made then, feet up for the next 2 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment