Tuesday 8 May 2012

29-04-2012 – Everest Camp 2 – Rest day


Altitude: 6500m
Atmospheric Pressure: 480mbar
Trek:0km

I slept OK, considering the new altitude and the exhausting day.
The new hight means I’m back into peeing a lot, so I need to be careful not to get dehydrated.
I’m still coughing, and my rib is still killing, but the next few days of rest should help.

I had decided to sleep in my down suit, but soon realize that I was way too hot in both the down suit and the new sleeping bag…. Not good for dehydration.

There’s lots of wind all day, coming in gusts which you can hear coming down the valley like an avalanche, I wouldn’t fancy being up there today.

Although we’re only 500m above Lobuche, the signs of altitude starts to show amongst the group, with Karl down to 51% oxygen saturation, which is very low.
I start the day on 68% but recover to 72 by the end of the day, I’m lucky to have a body which adapts well to altitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment