Tuesday 20 March 2012

7-03-2012 Lake Disctrict

At last, I manage to have the full weekend free and I couldn't resist going up to the Lakes.

I love it there, long up hills, and more exposure. It's harder to find the path (for me anyway), and if you miss a turning, you could get in real trouble (or steep trouble).
Saturday starts sunny, and I enjoy a sandwich on top of Scafell Pike, but by the time I get down and back up to Esk Pike, its snowing and the visibility as reduced.

This, however doesn;t stop me from bumping into Duncan from work!!! How spooky!!! Even better, he has the result of qualifying and McLaren is on the front row, with MGP not far behind!!! Oh Yes!!
I finish my usual "lap"with Great Gable and it's very, very tiring descent.

I finish the day after 7:30 hours and 2100m of ascent, very happy to get back to the car for a long night sleep (after a very much needed curry).
Sunday stays sunny all day, and with heavy legs from yesterday, I still manage to get 1800m of ascent.
The view from the top of each hill is outstanding, with miles of scenery to enjoy.

That's the end of the training, in 10 days I'll be in the plane to Kathmandu.
It's not as much training as I would have liked, but between the ankle and work, that the most I could squeeze in.
Lets hope this will be "good enough" for the top of the world.

Either way, I'm still very much looking forward to getting there. Spending every day for the next 10 weeks trekking in the Himalayas, what a luxury, and what relaxation for the soul....

No comments:

Post a Comment