Tuesday 20 March 2012

21-10-2012 Ankle Arthroscopie

4 weeks before going to Manaslu Prof Ribbans recommended an arthroscopie to sort out a pain that I have been getting in my right ankle. 
As I would need at least 6 weeks to recover, we decided to schedule the op for when I got back.
Well, the op was very straight forward from what I saw (I was asleep :-) ).

Thanks to Tony for taking me back home after a last minute text for help, very much appreciated.

48 hours with foot off the ground, then start walking on it .... apparently.
Still got the arrow on my leg to ensure they operated the right one... that feels you up with confidence :-)

A week later, I was going in to remove the stitches, and 2 weeks later I was back at work.

turns out that might have been a little early as the ankle feels quite sore by mid afternoon, hopefully the physio sessions will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment